Dr. Lee Dahringer holds the positions of Professor Emeritus. He has previously held the position of Dean of the Faculty. Before joining Monarch Business School Dr. Dahringer held the position of Dean at the Sellinger School of Business at Loyola University in Maryland from 2001 through 2008. He has also held Dean positions at the College of Business and Economics of West Virginia University (Morgantown) and at the College of Business Administration at Butler University in Indianapolis where he also held professorships in Marketing. Dr. Dahringer has also held various Director positions at the Goizueta Business School at Emory University in Atlanta. He also has experience in Europe and abroad having held the position of Director of the International MBA Program at Nijenrode Universiteit in The Netherlands as well as Visiting Professorships at the University of Innsbruck, Johannes Kepler University-Linz, Bocconi Business School-Italy, University of Queensland-Australia, H.E.C.-France, ESC-France, University of Lund-Sweden and the Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore. He has also held teaching positions at the University of North Carolina, the University of Colorado and Iowa State University.
Dr. Dahringer holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder, an M.B.A. from the University of Missouri at Columbia and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Western Kentucky at Bowling Green. He is the recipient of numerous research and teaching awards from West Virginia University, Nijenrode University, Emory University, University of North Carolina and the University of Queensland.
In his various capacities as Dean, Dr. Dahringer has focused on the strategic process of his graduate schools in further enhancing their reputations through the obtaining of accreditation, revision of their graduate programs, establishing new student learning assessments while increasing the research output of the professors. He has held the position of Chair on several AACSB accreditation and reaccreditation teams as well as coordinating conferences. He has experience on various Councils of Academic Deans, Faculty Senates and curriculum task forces. He has sat on the Board of Advisors for the Executive Women International Leadership Academy as well as being a Program Reviewer for the U.S. Department of Education. He has sat as a Member of the Board of the International Association of Jesuit Business Schools. He has also held positions on several editorial review boards and/or book reviewer for the Journal of Marketing Education, the Journal of Macromarketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Sciences, Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics and the International Marketing Review.
Dr. Dahringer has published several books and chapters in books on marketing as well as numerous journal articles and papers. Professor Dahringer’s areas of interest include: Global Marketing, Social Marketing, Not-for-profit Marketing, Consumer Issues/Policies, Product Management, Management of Multinational Work Force, Management Development Process and Programs (including Academic Administration), Promotion and Advertising.
Academic Positions Held
- Professor Emeritus, UGSM-Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Member of the Academic Council, UGSM-Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Professor of Marketing, UGSM-Monarch Business School, Switzerland
Other Teaching Positions Held In The Past
- Dean of the Faculty, UGSM-Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Dean & Professor of Marketing, Sellinger School of Business, Loyola University, Maryland, USA
- Dean & Professor of Marketing, College of Business & Economics, West Virginia University, USA
- Dean & Professor of Marketing, College of Business Administration, Butler University, Indiana, USA
- Associate Professor & Director Executive MBA Program, EGoizueta Business School, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
- Director MBA Program & Professor of Marketing, Nijenrode Universiteit, The Netherlands
- Guest Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Visiting Professor, ESC, France
- Visiting Professor, University of Queensland, Australia
- Visiting Professor, HEC Jouy-en-Josas, France
- Guest Lecturer, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
- Guest Lecturer, University of Lund, Sweden
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
- Guest Lecturer, National Agricultural College, Bangalore, India
- Doctor of Business Administration, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Master of Business Administration, University of Missouri
- Bachelor of Science, Western Kentucky University
Awards And Honors
- West Virginia University Research Incentive Competitive Grant
- Faculty Research Award, Nijenrode Universiteit
- Faculty Research Award, Emory University
- Faculty Research Award, University of Queensland
- Outstanding Teacher Award, School of Business Administration, Emory University
- Georgia World Congress Institute Research Award
- Indo-American Fellow, Indo-U.S. Sub commission (formerly the Fulbright Commission)
- Faculty Research Grant University of North Carolina
Main Academic Interests
- Global Marketing, Social Marketing
- Not-for-profit Marketing
- Consumer Issues/Policies
- Product Management
- Management of Multinational Work Force
- Management Development Process and Programs (including Academic Administration)
- Promotion and Advertising
Associations And Memberships
- Member, ACBSP-Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs, USA
- Member, ECBE-European Council For Business Education, Switzerland
- Chair of AACSB initial accreditation teams – “new” and “old” standards 2005 – 2009
- Chair of several AACSB reaccreditation teams 1999 – 2009
- Member of several AACSB reaccreditation teams 2002 – 2009
- AACSB Articles & Bylaws Committee
- AACSB – Representative to the Mid Continent East Dean’s Association
- Member of the Board, International Association of Jesuit Business Schools
- INFOTEST Board of Directors
- Vision 2020 Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Women International’s Leadership Academy – Board of Advisors
- Mid Continent East Dean’s Association – Board Member
- U.S. Department of Education – Program Reviewer
- Salvation Army (Indianapolis) – Board Member and Member, Strategic Planning Committee
- Member, Board of Directors, CIBER Committee, and Subcommittee on Organizational Structure
- Mayor’s Incentives Task Force, Indianapolis – Member
- MAGIC (Indianapolis regional planning organization)
- Inland Container Scholarship Review Committee
- Indianapolis Council for Foreign Relations
- Indianapolis Central Rotary Scholarship Selection Committee
- Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University – Member, Board of Directors
- Weimer Business Study Group (Indianapolis)
- European Marketing Academy
- Academy of International Business
- American Marketing Association
- Beta Gamma Sigma
Conference Leadership Positions
- MAACBA (Mid Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration) Deans Conference (Regional AACSB Conference)-2003
- AACSB Dean’s Conference (founding co-chair) Clearwater, FL-2002
- AACSB Annual Meeting, Boston MA – Responder to Plenary Session Speaker-1997
- AACSB New Deans Seminar – Core Faculty, Tampa, FL-1996
- Executive Committee, Fourth International Conference on Marketing and Development, San Jose, Costa Rica.-1992
- Chair and Convener, XVII Macromarketing Conference, Nijenrode-1992
- Chair, Strategic Marketing, European Marketing Academy-1990
- Chair, AIDS: Marketing Implications for the 1990s, Winter American Marketing Associations Conference-1989
- Chair, Ethical Concerns in Marketing Research and Policy, Winter American Marketing Association Conferenc-1988
- Journal of Marketing Education, Editorial Review Board
- Journal of Macromarketing, Editorial Review Board
- Journal of Business Research, Board of Occasional Reviewers
- Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Ad Hoc Reviewer
- International Business Press, General Advisory Board
- Journal of Academy of Marketing Sciences, Book Reviewer
- Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics, Reviewer
- International Marketing Review, Reviewer
- Research in Marketing Series JAI Press, Reviewer
- International Marketing: A Global Perspective, with H. Muhlbacher, and H Leihs, London: Thompson Learning, third edition, 2006
- Easing Transition in Southern Africa: New Techniques for Policy Planning, with C. Slater, D. Jenkins and L. Pook. Boulder, CO.: Praeger Publishers, Inc., 1979.
- Student Course Mastery Guide to Accompany Business Today with D.S. Guseman and S. Garfunkle. New York: Random House, 1984.
- Understanding Marketing – A Study Guide to Accompany Marketing– An Integrated Approach. New York: Harper & Row Publishers, 1981.
- Student Course Mastery Guide to Accompany Modem Marketing Management, with D.S. Guseman. New York: Random House, 1979.
Chapters In Books
- “Consumer Involvement in Services: An International Evaluation,” in Salah S. Hassan and Erdener Kaynak (eds.), Globlization of Consumer Markets, International Business Press: Binghamton, NY., 1994, with Charles D. Frame, OliverYau, and Janet McColl-Kennedy (1994).
- “International Marketing in the 1990s,” Australian Marketing. A Case Book, by Janet McColl-Kennedy and Oliver Yau. Sydney: Harper and Row, 1989.
- “International Marketing Strategies,” Principles of Marketing, by Charles Schewe. New York: Random House Inc., 1987.
- “Modeling Life Support Systems: A Macro-Marketing Approach,” Applied Systems and Cybernetics, Vol. VI, E. Lasker, ed. New York: Pergamon Press, 1981, p. 3266-3270.
Published Refereed Papers
- L’Oreal Nederland B.V.: Product Introduction,’ with F. Langrehr, Case Research Journal, 14; (Summer (55; 56; also published in Marketing Management. 2002.
- “The Impact of Faculty Intervention on Student Performance in Marketing Majors,” Cooperative Education Experiences,” with K. Davis, 1997 Southern Marketing Association National Conference, Atlanta, GA, November, 1997.
- “Revised Personal Involvement Inventory for Services,” with J. McColl-Kennedy and D. Fetter, Seventh Bi-Annual World Marketing Congress Proceedings, Melbourne, Australia, July, 1995.
- “Energy Consumption Patterns of Mature Australian Consumers,’ with J. McColl-Kennedy and Oliver Yau,’ Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 4, No. 3, 1992.
- “Cross-Cultural Assessment of Ethical Judgments and Determinants”, with H.Gianoffer, F. Uxem, and T. Klein, Macromarketing XVII, Proceedings of the Macromarketing Seminar, Nijenrode, The Netherlands, 1992.
- “An Exploratory Study of the Relationship Between Salesperson Product Involvement and Salesperson Performance,” with C. Frame, European Marketing Academy Proceedings, Dublin, 1991.
- “Marketing Services Internationally: Barriers and Management Strategies,” The Journal of Services Marketing, Summer, 1991.
- “Consumer Involvement in Services: An International Evaluation,” with C. Frame, J. McColl-Kennedy, and 0. Yau, Journal of International Journal Marketing, Vol. 3, No. 2,1991.
- “Consumer Involvement with Services: An Examination of the Revised Zaichkowsky Personal \Involvement Inventory,” with C. Frame, European Marketing Academy Proceedings, Innsbruck, 1990.
- “Will a Global Marketing Strategy Work? An Energy Conservation Perspective,” with B. Verhage and E. Cundiff, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Spring 1989.
- “Lemon Laws: Intent, Experience and A Pro-Consumer Model,” with D. Johnson, The Journal of Consumer Affairs, Summer 1988.
- “To Globalize or Not – A Managerial Decision Framework,” with E. Cundiff, Journal of Marketing Management, Winter 1986. Also published in Contemporary Research in Marketing, European Marketing Academy, 1986.
- “Determinants of Attendance for Students Accepted Into A Graduate Business Program,’ with K. L. Stanley, Journal of Marketing Education, Fall 1985.
- “A Comparative Study of Public Food Marketing as Viewed by Consumers in Mexico and India,” with M. Hilger, Journal of Macromarketing, Fall 1985. “The Influences of Country and Product on Retailer Operating Practices: A Cross National Comparison,” with D. Bello, International Marketing Review, Vol. 2, Summer1985.
- “Que Opina el Consumidor? lmplicaciones Para la Formulacion de Politicas en las Empresas Publicas de Comercializacion de Alimentos,’ with M. Hilger, Empresas de/ Estado en America Latina, Ediciones, IESA, Caracas, Venezuela, 1985.
- “The Federal Trade Commission Deregulation and Public Policy Implications, Let the Buyer Beware,” D. Johnson, The Journal of Consumer Affairs, Winter 1984.
- “Examining Unmeasured Variables in Cross-Cultural Research: An Application of Latent Class Analysis,” with P. Hendrix, European Marketing Academy Proceedings, Breukelen,The Netherlands, 1984.
- “Consumers’ Energy Conservation Perceptions and Behavior: A Comparative Study,” with E. Cundiff, B. Verhage and K. Gronhaug, European Marketing AcademyProceedings, Grenoble, 1983.
- “Public Policy Implications of Reverse Channel Mapping for Lesotho,” Journal of Macromarketing, Spring 1983.
- “Technology: Impact on Consumers and Marketing Implications,” with V. Langrehr, P. Hendrix and N. Marcus, Proceedings, Southern Marketing Association, November 1982.
- “Strategic Alternatives for Change Management in Channels of Distribution,” with T. Little, Proceedings, European Academy for Advancement of Research in Marketing, Antwerp, 1982.
- “Alienation and Market Systems Development: Lessons for the Multinational Marketer,”Economic and Political Weekly Review of Management, Bombay, India, February 2 1982. ‘The Foundations for a Positive Theory of Macromarketing,” with D. Emery and D. Jenkins in Macromarketing Evolution of Thought, G. Fisk, R. W. Nason, and P. D.White, eds. Boulder: Business Research Division, University of Colorado, 1980, p. 197-209.
Research Papers Presented At Conferences
- “Consumer Involvement in Services: A Process Oriented Model,” with J. McColl-Kennedy and 0. Yau, presented at Australasian Marketing Educators Conference, Perth, Australia, 1992.
- “Lemon Laws -Intent and Experience,” with D. Johnson, Xi Macromarketing Seminar, University of Colorado, 1986. Abstract published in Journal of Macromarketing, Fall 1986.
- “Consumer Views and Policy Implications of Public Food Marketing Agencies in Mexico and India” with M. Hilger, VIll Macromarketing Seminar, University of Rhode Island, 1983. Abstract published in Journal of Macromarketing VIII, Fall 1983.
- “The Federal Trade Commission: Deregulation and Public Policy Implications– A Case Examination,” with D. Johnson, VIll Macromarketing Seminar, University of Rhode Island, 1983. Abstract published in Journal of Macromarketing, Fall 1983.
- “Alienation and Marketing Systems Development: Lessons for the Multinational Marketer,” Academy of International Business, Montreal, 1981.