Dr. Mohammad Mohammadi is a Post-Doctoral Fellow in Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance at Monarch Business School. He also holds the position of Assistant Professor of Ethics. He holds a Ph.D. Summa Cum Laude in Philosophy from the Taras Schevchenko National University of Kiev, Ukraine. He also holds a MA Summa Cum Laude in Islamic Ethics from the Theology Department of the University of Qom as well as a BA in Business Administration from Rey University and BA in Islamic Teachings at the Islamic Seminary. He is presently an Assistant Professor at the School of Applied Ethics of the Theology Department of AmirKabir University in Tehran, Iran. He also sits on the Management faculty at the University of Tehran and has been on faculty at the Department of Moral Philosophy at the University of Qom. Dr. Mohammadi is a published researcher with several articles in peer-reviewed journals as well as several books within the publication process.
Academic Positions Held
- Assistant Professor of Ethics, Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Assistant Professor, School of Applied Ethics, Theology Department AmirKabir University, Iran
- Faculty Member in Management, University of Tehran, Iran
- Faculty Member, Department of Moral Philosophy, University of Qom, Iran, 2014-2015
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Ph.D. Summa Cum Laude in Philosophy, Taras Schevchenko National University of Kiev, Ukraine.
- MA Summa Cum Laude in Islamic Ethics from the Theology Department of the University of Qom, Iran
- BA in Business Administration from Rey University, Iran
- BA in Islamic Teachings at the Islamic Seminary, Iran.
Awards And Honors
- Summa cum laude, PhD program at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in 2014
- Summa cum laude, Islamic Ethics in MA Theology Department of the University of Qom
Main Academic Interests
- Applied Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Islamic Business
Associations And Memberships
- Member, ACBSP-Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs, USA
Books – Published and Under Review
- An Introduction to Ronald Dworkin’s Theory of Equality, published in Elmi-Farhangi: Ministry of Higher Education Publication Company
- The Pure Will as a Basis for Moral Law; (A New Reading of I. Kant’s Second Critique), under publishing process in Elmi-Farhangi Publication Company
- Moral Psychology, under publishing process in Elmi-Farhangi: Ministry of Higher Education Publication Company Forthcoming Book
- An Introduction to Business Ethics, University of Tehran: Institute of Research in Management
Selected and Recent Publications
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Why I Am Not a Non-Cognitivist.”, publishd in The herald of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, No. 3(113), Winter 2013, pp. 58-61. [ in English]
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Is the Contemporary Account of Weakness of Will Complete?” published in Religiuos Inquiries, a biannual journal of the University of Religion and Denominations. // Vol.2. No.3, Winter 2013[ in English]
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “What We May Say to Hare in The Light of Kantian Ethics.” published in Sententiae 2012, No.2(XXVII), pp.110-116, Kiev, Ukraine[ in English]
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Moral Responsibility for Moral Weakness.”, published in Practical philosophy No.3-2012, pp.174-180,Kiev, Ukraine[ in English]
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Weakness of Will in the language of resoultion and desire”, published in Humanitites Studies(гуманітарні студії) No.12,pp.184-191, 2012, Kiev, Ukraine,[ in English]
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Moral Generalism in W.D. Ross and Abd-al-Jabbar Motazeli’s ethical Systems”, published in the journal of Ethical Reaserch, vol.1, No.2, Winter 2011,pp.81-99, Qom, Iran-[in Persian; the english versian is also available]
Symposiums & Conferences Attended
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “Pre-existed Patterns of Language and (Moral) Actions.”, 36th International Wittgenstein Symposium.-.- 11-17 August 2013, Austria: Krichberg am Wechsel.
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “What Is Weakness of Will in Contemporary Ethics?”, presented in The 1st Scientific Conference of Iranian Students in Ukraine ( SCJSU-1), Mayp University, February 8, 2013, Kiev, Ukraine; It was evaluated as the best article by Scientific Representatives of Iran in Belarus and Ukraine
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “ How philosophy of Wittgenstein helps the paradigm shift in Iranian philosophy.”, presented in Wittgenstein studies in contemporary philosophy, November 1-2, 2012, Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine
- Mir Mohammadi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein, “The Incompletement of Richard Holton’s Theory of weakness of will: An Islamic-Ethics Critique” , presented in the International Scientific Conference; “DAYS OF SCIENCE OF PHILOSOPHICAL DEPARTMENT – April 17-8, 2012”, Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 2017-September: Monarch Doctoral Workshop, Rapperswil, Switzerland