Dr. Kausar Abbas holds the position of Adjunct Professor of Islamic Finance and Banking at Monarch Business School Switzerland. She also holds the position as Associate Professor and Head of Commerce Department, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Sialkot, Pakistan. Her areas of interest are Islamic Banking and Finance, Quantitative Research, Product Development and Islamic Economics. Dr. Kausar holds a PhD in Islamic Banking and Finance from International Islamic University Malaysia, a Master of Business Administration from International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan and a Bachelor of Science from Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan.
She has presented multiple papers related to Islamic Banking and Finance at the national and International level and has organized global forums on Islamic finance, seminars, workshops and training sessions on Islamic Banking and Finance for different sectors since 2014. She has more than 10 papers published in refereed academic journals to her credit.
Dr. Kausar returned to the academic field after a 5-year professional career in commercial banking, rehabilitation services and business development. She is always zealous to help people with disabilities to explore their potential so they can return to daily life. As she believes, “Be the best version of you”.
Academic Positions Held
- Adjunct Professor of Islamic Finance and Banking, Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Associate Professor and Head of Commerce Department, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Sialkot, Pakistan
Academic Positions Held In The Past
- Assistant Professor of Management, Lahore Business School, Pakpattan Campus
- Head of Research MPhil Programme, Lahore Business School, Pakpattan Campus
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Islamic Banking, University of Management and Technology Lahore, Pakistan
- Assistant Professor, Centre of Islamic Finance, COMSATS Lahore, Pakistan
- PhD in Islamic Banking and Finance, Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Master of Business Administration, International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan
- BSc (Maths & Physics), Layyah College for Women, Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan.
- Referee/Reviewer: COMSATS Journal of Islamic Finance (CJIF)
- Referee/Reviewer: Emerald: Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research
- Referee/Reviewer: Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research
Awards and Honours
- PhD approved Supervisor award by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan
- Conference Convener Award of Global Forum 2017, Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking
Main Academic Interests
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Research Methodology
- Islamic Wealth Planning and Management
- Islamic Microfinance
- Advanced Topics in International Finance
Professional Positions Held In The Past
- HR and Admin Officer – Handicap International Islamabad (French Based NGO)
- Assistant Project Manager – Handicap International Islamabad
- Customer Care Officer– Askari Bank Islamabad
Associations And Memberships
- Member of Board of Studies (BOS), LBS, UOL
- Member of Board of Faculty (BOF), LBS, UOL
- Member of Advisory Board of COMSATS Journal of Islamic Finance (CJIF)
Selected & Recent Publication
- Mahmood, Z; Abbas,K., and Fatima,M. (2017). Islamic Microfinance and Household Welfare Nexus: Empirical Investigation from Pakistan. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Vol.7 No 18.
- Abbas, K., H. Afzal .,(2016). The Patronage of Islamic Banking: A Case Study of COMSATS University, ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance Malaysia Vol.8 Iss 2 Page 111-116
- I., Abbas,K. (2016) . Riba Free Loan in Islamic Finance: Key to Social Development and Welfare, European Online Journal of Natural and Social Sciences. Vol. 5 No: 2, pp.559 – 567
- Mahmood H.Z., Abbas,K., Mehreen.F., (2016) Does Islamic microfinance go beyond the self-employability? An appraisal from Lahore, Pakistan. Journal of Creating Value. Vol 2 No 2, 2016).
- Abbas, K., Nasim Shirazi. (2015). The key players’ perception on the role of Islamic microfinance in poverty alleviation: The case of Pakistan, Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, Vol. 6 Iss: 2, pp.244 – 267
- Abbas, K., Dzuljastri, A. R., and Norma, S. (2014). The perceptions of micro-entrepreneurs and petty traders on conventional and Islamic microfinance: A case study of Pakistan. Journal of Islamic Finance. Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia, Vol. 3 No. 1.
Symposiums & Workshops Attended
- 1st International Conference on Emerging issues in management sciences, Lahore College for Women University, July, 2017.
- 2nd Global Forum on Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking, Lahore Pakistan, January, 2017
- 15th Malaysian Finance Association Conference; Financial Challenges and Economic Growth-The Way Forward, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, June, 2013
- 2nd International Conference on Islamic Economic and Economies of the OIC Countries, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, January, 2013
- 2nd PhD Colloquium of International Shari’ah Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, November, 2012