It is our pleasure to invite you to the October 2019 Doctoral workshop at the famous Kloster Disentis in Switzerland. The Kloster Disentis was founded in (circa) 720 AD and is dedicated to Saint Martin. The Abbey was even visited by Charlemagne in 800 AD when he returned from Rome. You can read more on the Disentis Abbey at the links below:
This year we will be hosting two events at Disentis:
- The Doctoral Workshop (During the week)
- Certificate Course in Crisis Management. (The Sunday before the Workshop)
The Doctoral Workshop
The workshop is open to all Master and Doctoral students of Monarch. The goal of the Doctoral workshop is for participants to present their research and for the Faculty to critique the research and provide alternative suggestions for improvement. The workshop is an interactive experience filled with a lot of knowledge, networking and friendship.
- Dates: Monday, October 14th through Friday, October 18th (inclusive)
- Fee-Early Bird: 975 Euros
- Fee-After 01-September: 1,150 Euros
- Accommodation: Included
- Formal Dinner: Included
During the workshop there will be an excursion by train though the Swiss Alps to a nearby village named “Andermatt”. It is a very beautiful village and the train ride through the Alps is not to be missed. It is a wonderful time to network with your fellow workshop participants and Faculty members.
The Certificate Course In Crisis Management
Candidates wishing to participate in the Professional Certificate in Crisis Management course may do so by arriving at Disentis on Saturday October 12th. The course take place on Sunday, October 13th from 9 am to 3:30 pm. Readings will be made available beforehand for study purposes and there will be a case competition between members of separate groups.
- Dates: Sunday, October 13th
- Time: 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Fee: 350 Euros
- Certificates Will Be Provided To All Participants
The Faculty Attendees
It is a great time to meet the key faculty members and network with them.
Doctoral Workshop in Disentis
12 October to 18 October 2019
Hosted at: Kloster Disentis
Please note that all times are subject to change as the date of the events approach.
You may download a pdf copy of the timetable/schedule by Clicking Here.
Professional Certificate in Crisis Leadership
Arrival at leisure for Professional Certificate in Crisis Leadership
9:00-10:30 Introduction and Lecturing on Crisis Leadership/Management
11:00-13:00 Case Study – Lakeview Mews Intro, Video and Discussion
14:00-15:30 Case Study – Lakeview Mews Group Presentations
Arrival at leisure for other Doctoral Candidates for Workshop
18:00-18:30 Workshop: Welcome / Orientation
18:30-19:00 1. Workshop Group leaders meet with group members, 2. Assignment of Case Study Groups and Case Study Handout
8:30-10:30 Introduction – Dr. Henderson PhD Essentials
11:00-13:00 Student Presentations (3/3)
14:00-15:30 Student Presentations (2/5)
15:45-17:30 Student Presentations (2/7)
19:00-20:00 & 20:30-21:30 Official Doctoral Defense 1 & 2 (Room 1)
19:00-20:00 & 20:30-21:30 Official Doctoral Defense 3 & 4 (Room 2)
8:30-10:30 Student Presentations (3/10)
11:00-12:30 Student Presentations (3/13)
14:00-15:30 Student Presentations (3/17)
15:45-17:00 Student Presentations (2/19)
19:00-21:00 Alumni Dinner – Kloster Disentis
8:30-10:30 Case Study discussion
11:00-12:45 Student Presentations of Case Study- 15 minutes each & Award
13:14-14:22 Train trip through the Alps from Disentis to Andermatt (own cost)
14:22-16:00 Leisure time and drink in Andermatt
16:28-17:39 Train trip through the Alps from Andermatt to Disentis (own cost)
8:30-10:30 Student Presentations (3/22)
11:00-12:30 Student Presentations (3/25)
14:00-15:00 & 15:30 – 16:30 Official Doctoral Defense 5 & 6 (Room 1)
15:30-16:30 & 15:30 – 16:30 Official Doctoral Defense 7 & 8 (Room 2)
9:00-10:00 Preparation for graduation
10:00-10:30 Pre-graduation photo opportunity
10:30-12:00 Graduation ceremony
• Workshop Certificates for doctoral candidates
• Professional Certificates in Crisis Leadership
• Professional doctorates
• Ph.D. graduates
12:30-14:00 Conclusion and Lunch
14:00 Closing of Workshop
Please use the form below to record your interest in attending the Oct-2019 Workshop in Switzerland at Kloster Disentis. The registration is not complete until the school receives the workshop fees. Fees can be paid by Paypal or forwarded by Wire Transfer.
Instructions by Train from Zürich to Disentis/Mustér (Switzerland)
- Depart Zürich / Zurich (Switzerland) – Take train to Zürich HB
- From Zürich HB take train to Chur
- At Chur station take a train to Disentis/Mustér
- Arrive Disentis/Mustér (Switzerland)
Total Journey Time: 2hr 52min, Frequency: Daily
If you want to reach Disentis/Muster as quick as possible then definitely book tickets for the end2end journey on SBB’s booking service (you won’t have time to book tickets for the next train to Disentis on arrival at Chur station). The SBB Application is available for Apple iOS and Android (download the application prior to travelling to Switzerland).
A sample booking on the SBB application below:
- Depart from Zurich Flughafen / Airport:
There are no direct trains between the station at Zurich Flughafen/Airport and Chur.
You will have to change trains at Zurich HB station (Zurich Main Station).
Note: Making the transfer will be much easier if you take a train from Zurich Flughafen to Zurich HB which uses the same part of Zurich HB station (platforms/tracks/gleis 3 – 18) that the trains on to Chur depart from.
- From Zürich HB take the train to Chur:
At Zurich HB station take the train to Chur.
Train information: Depart: Zürich HB / Zurich (Switzerland)
Arrive: Chur (Switzerland) Journey time: +- 1hr 15min
- At Chur station take a train to Disentis/ Mustér:
At Chur station the usual connecting time between trains will only be around 4 mins – but this is Switzerland so making the connection can be virtually guaranteed. You will usually need to switch between platforms/gleis at Chur- so you’ll need to hurry up.
Train information: Depart: Chur (Switzerland)
Arrive: Disentis/Mustér (Switzerland) Journey time: 1hr 15 min
- Arrive Disentis / Mustér (Switzerland):
Proceed from station up the stairs to Kloster Disentis.
At the main entrance of the Kloster the reception is the available at first door on the right.
- Depart from Zurich Flughafen / Airport:
Further Notes on Booking tickets
- SBB will also sell tickets for end-to-end journeys which involve taking a SBB train + a train or trains operated by an independent railway.
- ‘Individual tickets’ can be used on any train(s) on your travel date, but they tend to be comparatively expensive.
- Supersaver tickets are cheaper, the portion of the journey by the SBB train can be discounted by up to 50%, but these tickets are train departure specific.
- If you book a Supersaver ticket and a flight delay etc, causes you to miss a train you are booked on to, you will have to book another full-price ‘Individual Ticket(s).
- Therefore, it is worth comparing the ticket price of a journey with the price(s) e of those Saver Day Passes – they might save you money and can also allow for a less stressful journey.
Purchased tickets from SBB can be used on:
- Trains between Zurich Fughafen/Airport and Zurich HB station
- Trains between Zurich HB and Chur
- Trains between Chur and Disentis/Muster