Dr. Jean-Pierre Sulon holds the position of Professor of Leadership at Monarch Business School Switzerland. He holds a Doctoral and Master degree in Applied Leadership from Monarch Business School Switzerland. He is also the recipient of the Director’s Award for his academic achievement within the Executive Development Programme at the University of Stellenbosch Business School.
Dr. Sulon has a passion for leadership and team effectiveness and has held a variety of leadership positions in business for over 40 years up to executive level. Dr. Sulon’s experience spans the organisational value chain from front-end sales, through operations, credit risk management, product management and IT project and programme management culminating in his role as Head of Organisational Development for the technology cluster of a multi-national financial institution. Dr. Sulon’s leadership experience includes retail, SME, corporate and capital segments of financial services. He also has professional experience in the founding and managing of start-ups in the hospitality industry.
Dr. Sulon is a certified leadership coach and has played a key role in establishing coaching as a professional service contributing to the success of leaders and teams within Nedbank Ltd. a financial institution in South Africa. Dr. Sulon has trained several hundred managers to adopt coaching and mentoring as a leadership style. Dr. Sulon has over 2500 hours coaching experience including individuals, teams, learning groups and several CEOs of small banks across the African continent.
Opposite his interest in coaching and mentoring, Dr. Sulon is especially interested in and works extensively with organisational culture, performance management, and team effectiveness. Consequently, Dr. Sulon has been instrumental in establishing these disciplines within business unit. Dr. Sulon has completed a certificate course in Crisis Management through Monarch Business School Switzerland and is a Certified Professional Coach through the Coaches Training Institute in the USA. He is also a licensed practitioner in the Insights Discovery and Enneagram assessment instruments which he uses extensively for leadership development and team effectiveness.
Academic Positions Held
- Professor of Leadership, Bachelor of Leadership Program, Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Doctor of Applied Leadership – Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Masters in Applied Leadership – Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Executive Development Programme, University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa
- Certificate in Crisis Management – Monarch Business School, Switzerland
Awards And Honors
- Director’s Award, Executive Development Programme, University of Stellenbosch Business School, SA
Main Academic Interests
- Team & Leadership Effectiveness
- Organisational Culture
- Performance Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
Professional Positions Held In The Past
- Head of Organisation Effectiveness, Nedbank Ltd, Group Technology, South Africa
- Head of Client Information Systems, Nedbank Ltd, South Africa
- Programme Executive, Nedbank Ltd, South Africa
- Area Manager, Nedbank Ltd, South Africa
- Business Owner and Partner, Hospitality Industry, South Africa
Associations And Memberships
- Professional Certified Coach – Coaches Training Institute, USA
- Certified Insights Discovery Practitioner – Insights Discovery, South Africa
- Certified Enneagram Practitioner – Integrative Enneagram, South Africa
- Certified Facilitator – MasterPlan, South Africa
Symposiums & Conferences Attended
- 2020-April: Deliver Insights Discovery Virtually with Impact, Webinar, Insights.
- 2019-October Doctoral Workshop, Monarch Business School, Kloster Disentis, Muster, Switzerland
- 2018-April: Doctoral Workshop, Monarch Business School, Pretoria, South Africa
- 2014-May: The Progress Conference with Professor Dave Ulrich, Midrand, South Africa.