Dr. Mondy Gold, holds the position of Professor of Accounting. He is also a faculty member at the University of Phoenix and Northcentral University. Professor Gold holds a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Phoenix and a Master of Public Administration from Baruch College of the City University of New York. He also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Queens College of the City University of New York.
Professionally, Dr. Gold has held managerial positions centered around financial controlling and presently is a Managing Partner at Queens Accounting & Tax Service in New York. He passed the Certified Public Accountant exams (CPA) in 1997 with the focus of Law & Auditing. He is also consultant to a number of international organizations and a foreign government including the Brothers Keepers International and Multiple Base Systems. Dr. Gold is an active member of several professional accounting associations.
His academic focus centers around ethical behavior especially as it pertains to leadership and in particular with leadership in the public sector. He has taught several undergraduate, graduate and doctoral courses including: management theory & practice, organization behavior, introduction to business, principles of managerial finance, public leadership, organization theory and change, public policy analysis, managerial accounting, corporate finance, public financial management & budgeting, introduction to leadership, and leadership in public administration, Doctoral Dissertation Research, Qualitative Methods, and Research Methodology. He enjoys supporting students in their thesis work and has supervised theses at University of Phoenix and chaired Dissertation Committees at Northcentral University.
He is married and blessed with children.
Academic Positions Held
- Professor of Accounting, Finance & Management, UGSM-Monarch Business School
- Professor, University of Phoenix
- Professor, Northcentral University
- Ph.D. in Management, University of Phoenix, Arizona
- Master of Public Administration emphasis on Financial Management, Baruch College, City University of New York, New York, USA
- Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting & Information Systems, Queens College, City University of New York, New York, USA
Awards And Honors
- Certified Public Accountant, Status Passed (Law & Auditing), Registered Member 1997
Main Academic Interests
- Managerial / Financial Accounting
- Public Sector Leadership / Ethical Leadership
- Trust in Organizations
Professional Positions Held In The Past
- Managing Partner, Queens Accounting & Tax Service
- Financial Controller, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Assistant Financial Controller, Jewish Board of Family & Children Services
Associations And Memberships
- Member, ACBSP-Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs, USA
- Member, ECBE-European Council For Business Education, Switzerland
- New State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants
- American Society of Association Executives
- Social Environmental Impact Assessment Center
- Institute of Management Accountants
Research & Publications in Journals
- Perspectives on Anti-Intellectualism in Higher Education: What Should be Done at Colleges and Universities. The Business Journal, December, 2008.
- The War on Iraq with Emphasis on Policy Implications for Future Generations. The Business Journal, October, 2008.
- Comparative Analysis of the Leadership Styles of two Public Leaders: How They Gained or Lost Power. The Business Journal, July, 2008.
- Identifying the Linkages Between Cultural Values and Ethical Leadership: The Case of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Dissertation. Abstract Journal, 2004.
- Imperatives of Ethical Leadership and How to Use the Power of Language Responsibly. Paper Presented at 92nd Leadership Conferences of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, Caskill, New York, November, 12-14, 2000.
- Epitomizing Servant Leadership: Analyzing the Dilemmas of Power and Influence in Public Sector Leadership. Paper Presented at the 1st Ijaw National Congress Conference, Atlanta, May, 6-8, 2001.
- Impact of Politics on Budgetary Process and How to Minimize Budget Impasse in the Public Sector. Paper Presented at the Annual Leadership Conferences of NYSSCPAs, Brooklyn, October, 28-30, 2001.
- Leadership Crisis in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria: Reflection on the Internal and External Factors and Measures to Settle the Crisis. Paper Presented at the 1st Bayelsa State Center Conference, Springfield Gardens, February, 2-4, 2003.
- Critical Thinking: The Issue of Trust in an Organization and What the New Generation of Leaders Must Know. Paper Presented as a Guest Speaker at the Annual Conference on the Challenges of New Leaders in Black Africa Organized by African Students Union at Queens College of the City University of New York, New York, July, 10, 2006
- “Safeguarding Church Assets: Financial health of the church and what can be done?” on July 11, 2010
Articles Submitted For Publication
- Redefining Organizational Structures: The Role of Public Administrators in the 21st Century. CPA Journal.
- Preparing Budgets to Facilitate Management of Resources and How to Minimize Budget Impasse, Journal of Business Ethics.
- Leadership Role of America in Race Relations: The Fight Against Stereotyping and Racist Tendencies, Journal of Psychology.
- Essential Strategies and Skills for Learning for Academic Excellence in the Twenty First Century, CPA Journal.