Dr. Giuseppe Catenazzo holds the position of Professor of Management at Monarch Business School Switzerland. Dr. Catenazzo is a researcher and lecturer with expertise across teaching, training, research and curriculum management. He has developed curricula for a variety of audiences from post-graduate to executive professionals in marketing and marketing research, as well as in risk services and environmental management. He is known to use interactive techniques and powerful ‘hands on’ presentations to engage audiences with complex subject matter.
He has also held teaching and lecturing positions at Business School Lausanne, Switzerland; Vatel Hotel Management School, Switzerland; Glion Institute of Higher Education, Switzerland; Ecole Internationale de Marketing du Luxe, France; University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland, and CMH-IEMI International Management Hospitality School, Paris, France.
Academically, Dr. Catenazzo holds a PhD from the University of Geneva, a Master of Philosophy in Management from the University of Nice, a Master of Science in Management from the University of Savoy, France as well as a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration from the University of Vallée d’Aoste, Italy. He is an accomplished academic with many scholarly articles, conference papers and presentations to his name. Hie research interest include Marketing & Consumer Research, Research Methods, Ecology, Sustainability & Environmental Management as well as Strategic and Financial Risk Management.
Academic Positions Held
- Professor of Management, Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Associate Professor, Business School Lausanne, Switzerland
- M.Sc. Lecturer, Vatel Hotel Management School, Switzerland
- MBA Lecturer, Glion Institute of Higher Education, Switzerland
- M.Sc. Lecturer, École Internationale de Marketing du Luxe, France
- MBA Lecturer, CMH-IEMI International Management Hospitality School, Paris
Academic Positions Held In The Past
- Lecturer: Institute of Communication and Advertising (ISCOM), Paris, France
- Lecturer: Business and Hotel Management School, Lucerne, Switzerland
- Lecturer: European School of Economics, Madrid Campus, Spain
- Lecturer: Montreux School of Business, Switzerland
- Ph.D. in Management, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Master of Philosophy in Management, University of Nice, France
- Diploma Advanced Studies in Administration, HEC, Geneva
- Master of Science in Management, University of Savoy, France
- Post-Graduate Certificate-Applied Environmental Economics, Imperial College, London, UK
- Applied Degree in Science of Business French Language, Paris Chamber of Commerce, France
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Admin., University of Vallée d’Aoste, Italy
Awards, Honors & Grants
- European Union Grant “Marie-Curie Award for Early Stage Researchers, 2009
- European Union Grant “Marie-Curie Award for Early Stage Researchers, 2008
Main Academic Interests
- Marketing / Consumer Research
- Research Methods
- Ecology / Sustainability / Environmental Management
- Risk Management
Associations And Memberships
- American Marketing Association (USA)
- Association for Consumer Research (USA)
- Association Française de Marketing
- European Marketing Academy
- European Operations Management Association
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (USA)
- Production and Operations Management Society (USA)
- Società italiana di Marketing, Parma/Rome
- World Association for Public Opinion Research (USA)
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Elixir International Journal, International Research Journal of Applied Finance and Journal of Management and Training for Industries
- Ad hoc Referee for: International Journal of Economics and Accounting, the Service Industries Journal, and Urban Water Journal
- Additional Referee for the 15th and 14th editions of the World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, & Informatics
- Catenazzo, G., D’Urso, J., Fragnière, E. & Tuberosa, J. (2012). Influences of Public Ecological Awareness and Price on Potable Water Consumption in the Geneva Area. In W. Leal Filho (Eds.): Climate Change and the Sustainable Management of Water Resources, Chapter No. 32, pp. 499–513, Springer Verlag: Berlin, Germany.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2009). Identifying Bank Run Signals through Sociological Factors: An Empirical Research in the Geneva Area. In G. Gregoriou (Eds.): The Handbook of Banking Crises, Chapter No. 26, pp. 489– 502, CRC Press, Chapman & Hall: London, United Kingdom.
Selected and Recent Publications
- Paulssen, M. & Catenazzo, G. (2015). No mercy for product defects: Recovery effects for products and services,
Journal of Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 28, 69-82.
- Catenazzo, G., Fragnière, E. & Guillaume-Gentil, N. (2014). Satisfaction and Pricing for Accounting Services to Very
Small Enterprises, International Journal of Economics and Accountings 5 (2), 145-164.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2012). Small Shareholder Control of Listed Companies’ Administrators during Annual General Meetings: An Experimental Study, International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance 3 (1/2), 46–64.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2011). Managing the Risks of the “Invisible”, Service Science 3 (3), i–v (editorial column).
- Catenazzo, G., Épalle, A., Fragnière, E. & Tuberosa, J. (2010). Testing the impact of Sustainable Development policies in Canton Geneva, Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal 21 (6), 845–861.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2010). Implementation of Compulsory Internal Control System within Swiss organisations: Perceptions among Accountants and Workers in Geneva, International Journal of Economics and Accounting 1 (1/2), 53–75.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2010). Pricing Traditional Travel Agency Services: A Theatre-based Experimental Study. Journal of Service Science and Management 3 (2), 272–280.
- Catenazzo, G., Fragnière, E., Ribordy, B. & Tuberosa, J. (2010). Is the 2008 Financial Turmoil Increasing the Risk of a Bank Run? An empirical Research in Geneva. International Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing 6 (1), 29– 45.
- Paulssen, M. & Catenazzo, G. (2013). Not all Product Defects Are Created Equal, Prioritizing Process Improvements: Proceedings of the EurOMA conference 2013 organised by the Trinity College and the University College Dublin, Ireland, 7th-12th June 2013.
- Catenazzo, G. & Paulssen, M. (2012). No Mercy for Products – Recovery Effects for Products and Services: Proceedings of the EMAC conference 2012 organised by the ISCTE Business School, Lisbon, Portugal, 22nd-25th May 2012.
- Catenazzo, G., D’Urso, J., Fragnière, E. & Tuberosa, J. (2010). Influences of Public Ecological Awareness and Price on Potable Water Consumption in the Geneva Area. Paper resented at Climate 2010 Conference, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany, 1st–7th November 2010.
- Catenazzo, G., Épalle, A., Fragnière, E. & Tuberosa, J. (2009). Testing the Impact of Sustainable Development Policies in Canton Geneva. Paper presented at Climate 2009 Conference, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany, 2nd–6th November 2009.
- Catenazzo, G. & Fragnière, E. (2009). Do Travel Agencies Provide Sufficient Value To Their Customers? In L. Altinay, D. Bowen, Y. Ekinci (Eds.): Proceedings of the IV International Conference Managing Services Across Continents, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, United Kingdom, 8th–9th May 2009, pp. 343–357.
- Catenazzo, G., D’Urso J. & Fragnière, E. (2008), Elements of Perception Concerning Sustainable Development in Geneva. Paper presented at Climate 2008 Conference, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany, 3rd–7th November 2008.