Dr. Badar Iqbal holds the position of Adjunct Professor of Economics & Finance at Monarch Business School Switzerland. He holds a PhD, DBA, Master of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts from Aligarh Muslim University, India. Professor Iqbal has been a Fullbright Fellowship recipient at Kentucky State University and Claflin University, USA. He holds the position of Emeritus Professor at the Frederick Bastiat Institute for African Research and is a Visiting Emeritus Professor at University of Business, Agriculture and Technology in Bangladesh. He is also a Professor of Graduate Studies at the University of South Africa. He has held the position of Visiting Research Fellowship t the Business School & University of Reading, UK and is a recipient of the Michael Term Fellowship at the London School of Economics, UK.
Academic Positions Held
- Adjunct Professor of Economics & Finance, Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Emeritus Professor, External Relation-Chair of Research; Frederic Bastiat Institute for African Research, Ghana
- Visiting Emeritus Professor; College of Business Administration; International University of Business, Agriculture and Technology; Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Professor, School of Transdisciplinary Research and Graduate Studies, University of South Africa, Pretoria
Academic Positions Held In The Past
- Dean of the Faculty, Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Visiting Professor at Department of Economics; University of South Africa, Pretoria; South Africa
- Visiting Professor at International Islamic University; Kuala Lampur; Malaysia
- Visiting Professor at Uganda Institute of Management; Uganda
- Visiting Professor at Makerere University Business School; Kampala; Uganda
- Visiting Professor at Guangdong University of Technology; Guangzhou; China
- Visiting Professor, Kathmandu University, School of Management
- Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Commerce, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- DBA, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Master of Commerce, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) Economics, Aligarh Muslim University, India
Awards And Honors
- DAAD Visiting Fellowship, German Institute of Economic Research, Berlin
- Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence (SIR) at Kentucky State University; Frankfurt; USA
- Fulbright Fellowship; USA; 2017; Kentucky State University
- Fulbright Fellowship, USA. 2005 Claflin University; USA
- Visiting Research Fellowship, Business School & University of Reading, UK
- Michael Term Fellowship, London School of Economics, UK
- Chinese Government Fellowship at Beijing Institute of Technology; Beijing
- IDE Visiting Research Fellowship, Tokyo, Japan
Main Academic Interests
- International Business
- International Trade & Development
- International Economics
- International Tourism
- US and Japan FDI Inflows to India in 80s and 90s; China Report; Sage Publication; 1999.
- Global Economy: Emerging Trends; Columbia University Press, Columbia University, New York, USA; December 2004.
- Indo-Japan Trade Since 1962; Institute of Developing Economies; Tokyo, Japan; Work done at Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo, Japan as Visiting Fellow.
- Indo-US Economic Relations: Then and Now; ICFAI University Press. Work done at Claflin University;
- Global FDI Flows to China and India; Kitab Mahal; New Delhi/Allahabad; work done at Kiel Institute of World Economics, Kiel, Germany.
- German FDI in India; Indus Publications; New Delhi; work done at German Institute for Economic Research; Berlin, Germany.
- FDI Flows to India; Ajanta Books International; New Delhi; Work done at East-West Centre USA; as a Ford Foundation Fellow; Work Done in India:
- Japanese FDI in South Asia; Mittal Publications; New Delhi. Work done at RBI’s Research Centre (IGIDR); Reserve Bank of India Research Centre; Bombay.
- India’s Trade with Japan, Academic Foundation; New Delhi.
- Unemployment in India; Mittal Publications; Aligarh.
- Agro-Industrial Development in India: A Case of UP; Mittal Publications; Aligarh.
- Agro-based Industries: Performance and Prospects; Mittal Publications; Aligarh.
- Transport as Major Constraints in Agro-Industrial Development in UP; Mittal Publications; Aligarh.
- Indian Spices: Problems and Prospects; A.M.U. Aligarh
Selected and Recent Publications
- One Belt and One Road: An Asian Perspective; China BRI; Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico; 2018; P. 435.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property in Digital Business: Issues of Protection and Retrieval of Investment in Intellectual Creation; Digital Business Strategies in Blockchain Ecosystems; Springer Nature; Switzerland; November 2019. PP 555-567.
- The Economics and Econometrics of Global Innovation Index; Disruptive Technologies; IGI Global; USA; 2020; Chapter 66; PP 1375-1385.
- Comprehensive Marketing Intensity Indicator for Higher Educational Institutions; IGI Global; USA 2020; Chapter 36; PP 588-599.
- One Belt One Road: An Asian Perspective; China: The Belt and Road Initiative; A Global Transformation; Mexico; 2020; PP 341-354
- India’s Outward Foreign Direct Investment: Emerging Trends and Issues; Transnational Corporations Review; Routledge; Taylor and Francis; UK; February 15, 2018; PP 1-10.
- Le secteur agricole : l’épine dorsal de l’économie indienne; France Forum; Paris; No. 68; 2018.
- The BRICS 9th Summit: Issues and Challenges Ahead; New Economy; Russia; Vol. 45; No. 1; 2018.
- India’s External Sector: Trends and Issues; Asian Profile; Canada; Vol. 46; No. 2 June 2018; PP. 105-116.
- The Importance of the First Chapter of the Work “The Capital” of Karl Marx, to the Understanding of the Thought of the Author; (Co-author); New Economy; Russia Vol. 47; No. 3 208; PP 74-82.
- Indo-South Africa Trade and Investment (FD) Relations: An Emerical Analysis; Revista De Economia Politica E Pensamento Critico; Brazil Vol. 3; No. 2; 2018; PP.6-20
- Agricultural Sector and Economic Growth of India; An Empirical Association; Asian Profile; Canada; Vol.47; No. 1; 2019; PP. 53-68.
- Determinants of Chinese Outward FDI in Asia; A Panel Data Analysis; Economic and Political Studies; RUC; China; Routledge; UK; Vol. 06; No. 4; 2019.
- The Future of Global Trade in the Presence of the Sino-US Trade War; Economic and Political Studies; RUC; China; Routledge; UK; Vol. 06; [Special Issue]; May 09; 2019.
- Global competitiveness of BRICS and Canada: implications for business; Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR); Routledge; UK; Volume 11; No. 02; May 2019.
- Social Indicators: Comparison in Selected Countries; Journal of Development Policy and Practice; Volume 4; Number 2; 2019; PP 123-144.
- Impact of Belt and Road Initiative on Asian Economies; Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies; Sage Publication; UK; November 2019; PP 1-18.
- Indian Rupee Losing Shine; Asian Profile; Vol. 47; No. 04; December 2019; Canada; PP299-306.
- China as Leader of BRICS Countries; Southwestern Journal of Economics; USA; Vol. XIII; No. 1 April 2020; PP 1-19.
- COVID-19 Et Economie Mondiale; France Forum; Paris; France; July 2020; PP. 71-73.
- Editorial Note on IMF; Management Economics Research Journal; USA Vol. 4, 2018.
- Editorial Note on Indo-South African Trade; Austin Journal of Business Administration and Management; Vol. 2; No. 1. 2018.
- Editorial on Collapse of 11th WTO Ministerial Conference; Journal of Finance and Marketing; Allied Journals; Vol. 2, No. 1; 2018.
- Indian Agriculture: Issues and Challenges; Journal of Food Science and Toxicology; USA; Vol. 2; No. 1:4; 2018.
- Determinants of Green Growth; A Case of India; Towards Sustainable Future; Bloomsbury India; New Delhi; July 2019;
- India’s Economic Reforms: Issues and Challenges; Economic Reforms and Their impact on Indian Economy; Edited by A. K. Saxena and others; Published by ABS Books; New Delhi; November 2019; PP 1-17.
- Determinants of FDI in India and Sri Lanka; Foreign Trade Review; IIFT; Sage New Delhi; Vol. 53; No. 2; 2018; PP 116-123.
- Rural India: The Real India; Management Accountant; Kolkata; Vol. 53; No. 2; February 2018