The Master of Research degree provides the student with a solid grasp of the requirements of research at the graduate level (Master & Doctoral) and gives the student the necessary skills to fully plan academic research. Students pursuing this degree are interested in developing a high-level academic research proposal with a theoretical perspective for independent research that may be accepted at any university-level institution. Most students entering this degree program have the intent of continuing on to complete a Ph.D. program either at Monarch or externally.
The Monarch Master of Research has been designed to provide participants with the postgraduate management research skills and knowledge that will enable them to successfully plan, design and present a focused, coherent and integrated research proposal for a doctoral degree at any higher learning institution being: University, Business School / School of Management or School of Social Science. It is particularly valuable for students who have not been in formal education for a gap of five years or more and specifically to attune those managers interested in continuing their professional development by obtaining an advanced degree.
With a completed Master of Research from Monarch, you will be ready to progress to a doctoral-level research degree with the institution of your choice. It is feasible to complete the Master of Research within 12 months.
The Master of Research program enables the Candidate to develop a solid foundation for academic or professional investigation through the development of a high-level academic research proposal. The aim of the program is for candidates to develop a strong research focus that will enable them to be accepted and continue their Ph.D. at the institution of their choice.
Dr. David Bevan – Dean of the Faculty & Head of the M.Res. Program
The degree is based on the submission of a university-style research proposal that addresses specific learning outcomes, being:
- To understand how to clearly define and draft an appropriate professional or academic research question;
- To develop the skill of identifying and critically evaluating the related literature and relevant practical applications;
- To have sufficient knowledge of a range of methodologies and methods that could plausibly and originally respond to the question posed, and;
- To produce and present a formal proposal for the research in keeping with the highest academic norms.
Candidates successfully completing the Master of Research Degree may automatically matriculate into the second year of the Professional Ph.D. program at Monarch.
The Master of Research may be focused on any domain in Management, Administration or Social Science.
Monarch Business School is the first distance-learning business school in the world to achieve triple accreditation by the International Standards Association (9001, 14001, 18001) and is accredited by the Swiss Federation of Private Business Schools. Monarch Business School is a member of ACBSP-the Association For Collegiate Business Schools & Programs, CEEMAN-The Central and Eastern European Management Association and ACUNS-The Academic Council of the United Nations System. See our accreditation page.
The program has a rolling admission and be started at any time.
Study duration varies depending on the study mode:
- Standard Duration = 1 Year
- Part-Time Duration = 2 Year
Program Open To:
- Graduates from accredited research-based and course-based Master programs.
- Graduates from accredited undergraduate programs.
- Professional candidates at least 27 year of age (mature student standing) that can show a minimum of 5 years of supervised research oriented work and professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor degree, i.e.: CA, CGA, CMA, CPA, CFA, MRICS, CMC, CIM or equivalent.
Tuition is levied on a quarterly basis in advance. All candidates may terminate a program upon 3 months written notice to the administration.
Become A Part Of Monarch Today And Advance Your Career To New Heights.