The following are the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) concerning the programs at UGSM-Monarch Business School Switzerland. For more information or to ask specific questions please contact the administration at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What is the study mode of the Programs?
2. Are there any residency requirements within the Doctoral program?
3. What are the fees or cost of study?
4. How may the fees be paid?
5. What is the duration of the programs?
6. Are the degrees accredited?
7. Are the degrees registered and validated by a local authority?
8. Can I obtain a full Scholarship to study from Monarch Business School?
9. Can I follow Doctoral Studies With Only a Bachelors Degree?
10. How do I apply for admission and what is the process?
11. How are the students assessed?
12. Can one obtain credit for professional work completed or prior learning?
1. What is the study mode of the programs? (Back To Top)
The degree programs at Monarch Business School are primarily designed to address the needs and demands of the working professional. As such the degrees have been designed to be completed online in a remote fashion. Students enrolled within programs that require a thesis defense are required to do so at the School at the completion of their studies.
2. Are there any residency requirements within the Doctoral program? (Back To Top)
There are no obligatory long-term residency requirements within the doctoral programs at Monarch Business School. This is in order to make the programs as accessible as possible for working professionals who can not be expected to leave their work positions for extended periods of time. However, the programs do make use of 1-week doctoral workshops scheduled in Switzerland and internationally. Doctoral candidates in all programs are encouraged to attend these workshops in order to interact with fellow students, faculty and the administration and to review materials that will assist them in preparation and completion of the program. Full-time Professional Ph.D. candidates are obliged to attend a minimum of one workshops.
3. What are the fees or cost of study? (Back To Top)
Program fees may be found on the individual program page as well as on the Tuition Fee page.
5. What is the duration of the programs? (Back To Top)
Master programs range from 18 to 24 month full-time duration. Doctoral programs are based on a full-time 36 to 60 month duration. Part-time program duration is also available with a reduced yearly tuition fee. Post-doctoral students must be registered for a minimum of 18 months. Please consult the individual program page for any variations.
6. Are the degrees accredited? (Back To Top)
Monarch Business School Switzerland is the first online business school in the world to achieve Triple Accreditation with ISO-The International Standards Organization. ISO accreditation is valid in +163 countries world-wide. Monarch Business School has also chieved the SFPBS standard recognition of quality assurance. The SFPBS is a registered Swiss non-profit organization. It’s mission is to provide a vehicle for the improvement and quality assurance of private Swiss business schools. Monarch Business School also holds important memberships in the following accreditation organizations.
- ACBSP: The Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs (USA)
- CEEMAN: Central & Eastern European Management Association (Slovenia)
- EQAC: Education Quality Accreditation Council (Spain)
7. Are the degrees registered and validated by a local authority? (Back To Top)
Upon graduation students may request that the diploma and transcript of the program of study be notarized by a Swiss notary in order to provide validation as well as having the diploma/transcripts stamped by their consulate/embassy. There is a nominal fee for notarization.
8. Can I obtain a Scholarship to study from Monarch Business School? (Back To Top)
Applicants should note that as a private institution under Swiss law Monarch Business School does not receive financial support from government agencies, as such, it does not offer financial assistance in the form of scholarships. Students requiring scholarships must take advantage of local or national scholarship programs available within their own countries. Monarch Business School does not provide assistance for students in seeking scholarship information.
9. Can I follow Doctoral Studies With Only a Bachelors Degree? (Back To Top)
Yes! All Doctoral programs at Monarch provide the ability for the student with a Bachelor level degree to stream into the Doctoral program. Please consult the individual program page for additional information.
10. How do I apply for admission and what is the process? (Back To Top)
Interested candidates should submit the online application form with supporting documentation. Once the application form and supporting documents have been received by the university they are sent to the Office of the Dean of the Faculty for evaluation/acceptance. Candidates should expect to receive a response from the Office of the Dean of the Faculty within 10 days of the submission of the completed application and all supporting documents.
11. How are the students assessed? (Back To Top)
As a graduate institution all programs are assessed by way of written word through submitted research papers and thesis work. There are no examinations at the Graduate level.
12. Can one obtain credit for professional work completed or prior learning? (Back To Top)
Monarch Business School does not provides credit for previous completed coursework or professional experience. The only exception is for Doctoral transfer students from recognized academic institutions by prerogative of the Dean of the Faculty.