Dr. Donald Oxford York holds the position of Professor of Leadership Studies at Monarch Business School Switzerland as well as Dean of Student Development. Professor Dr. York holds a D.Phil. in Business Research degree with distinction from Monarch Business School where he also earned a Master of Philosophy in Business Research with distinction. He also holds a B.A. in Behavioral Neuropsychology from McGill University in Montreal where he also completed a Graduate Diploma in Leadership. At present, Dr. York is completing a MA in Counselling & Spirituality at St-Paul University, a college of the University of Ottawa. His areas of interest revolve around Health Care Administration and Leadership.
Professionally, he has worked in several hospitals within the Montreal area as a critical care technician within operating rooms and emergency wards where he has been directly responsible for the life support of patients. Dr. York is an active health care professional instructor holding numerous certifications as well as holding the position of Fellow of the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada. He currently teaches Critical Care and Life Support procedures to new M.D.s during their residency periods.
Academic Positions Held
- Dean of Student Development, UGSM-Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Professor of Leadership Studies, UGSM-Monarch Business School Switzerland
- Fellow, Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada
- D. Phil. Business Research-Distinction, Monarch Business School School, Switzerland
- M.Phil. Business Research Distinction, Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Graduate Diploma in Couples Counselling & Spirituality, University St-Paul / University of Ottawa, Canada
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership, McGill University, Montreal
- B.A. Psychology in Behavioral Neuropsychology, McGill University, Montreal
Awards And Honors
- ACBSP Doctoral Leadership Award 2011
- Ericsson Canada-Be-Well Top Wellness Provider Award 2009
- Chief Technical Director-North America, The International Budo Institute
- 6th Degree Black Belt, Bubishido
Main Academic Interests
- Sports Leadership
- Personal Development
- Health Care Management
Associations, Memberships & Licensing
- Member, International Leadership Association (ILA), USA
- Member, American Association For Marriage and Family Therapy, USA
- Member, ACBSP-Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs, USA
- Member of the Academic Council of the United Nations System (ACUNS)
- Member of the Academy of Management (AOM)
- Member of Faculty in Emergency Cardiac Care Education for the Heart and Stroke Foundation Canada
- York, Donald, O., “The Emergency Medical System Services: A Praxis Exploration of Leadership in Prehospital Care Environments” LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN 978-3-659-28465-6., Oct 2012
- York, Donald, O., “A Study of Followership in Critical Care Environments”, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN 978-3-8433-7627-3 July 2012
- York, D.O. “Kids for Life: Developing Playground Leadership Skills Health and Safety Edition”, March 2007
- York, D.O “Musado Zen: Developing the Self in Defence to Protect from Harm”, July-2006, ISBN (digital) 0-9780109-3-0 ISBN (bound) 0-9780109-2
Selected & Recent Publication
- Akinteye, S., York, D., Henderson, J., “Corporate Governance: An investigation of the Audit Committee’s Effectiveness as a Corporate Governance Mechanism In Nigerian Listed Firms”, Australian Journal of Commerce, ISSN: 2203-9430 (online), Vol 2, No. 2, 2015.
- Akinteye, S., York, D., Henderson, J., “Corporate Governance: An investigation of the Competence of the Head of Internal Audit Function in Nigerian Listed Companies”, The International Journal of Management & Business Studies, ISSN: 2230-9519 (online), Vol 5, Iss. 1, Jan-March 2015.
- Akinteye, S., York, D., Henderson, J., “Earnings Management: An Investigation of Companies Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange”, The International Journal of Business & Management, ISSN: 2321-8916, Vol 2, Iss. 11, Nov. 2014, pp. 197-225.
- 2015-June: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Rapperswil, Switzerland
- 2014-May: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Rapperswil, Switzerland
- 2013-September: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Zug, Switzerland
- 2013-May: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Dubai, UAE
- 2012-September: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Zug, Switzerland
- 2012-May: Monarch Doctoral Symposium, Zug, Switzerland